Thursday, 6 September 2018

Achieving Perfect Summer-Ready Skin With Nivea

Being a Summer baby means I've always had a love for the warmer months. I know I often complain as the weather starts hotting up but that's because I turn into a sweaty mess - it's not a cute look! One thing I always struggle with during Summer is finding products that work for my skin as both my face and body can be very temperamental. Nivea is one of those classic go-to brands for pretty much everyone in the UK as their scents, formulas and packaging are just so nostalgic. Seaside trips have always been one of my favourite things to do around this time of year and today I wanted to talk you through my ideal day out and some of the products I've been using to help my skin look and feel Summer ready. 
summer ready skin with nivea sun care blog post
Like most people, my skin starts to get a bit oilier and more congested during the warmer months so I like to keep my skincare routine really simple, especially if I'm off to somewhere like Brighton for the day. I also tend to stick to a very minimal makeup look but I always make sure to apply a good quality SPF as my skin burns very easily. I've been loving the new Nivea UV Face Shine Control Cream SPF50* as it offers both UVA and UVB protection and hydrates my skin without being greasy or clogging. It has a lovely light texture, there's no stickiness and it absorbs beautifully into the skin and also helps mattify the face so you don't look like you've just come back from a 5-mile run! 

I'm not much of a summer fashionista - I'm definitely a jeans and boots kind of gal, but when you're off to the beach you can't go wrong with a little flowy dress, some strappy sandals and a pair of oversized sunnies. On the rare occasion, I do have my arms and legs out I always like to use some sort of moisturiser to give me a bit of a sheen and overall healthy glow. The Cherry Blossom & Jojoba Oil Oil In Lotion* smells absolutely incredible and leaves my limbs feeling beautifully smooth and hydrated. It's one of those scents that reminds you of that particular aunt or family friend who always smells like she's come straight from the high-end perfume counters. I've very fussy with body creams as a lot of them can be too rich but this has a gorgeous silky texture that never feels heavy. Perfection.

Of course, if you're going to be laying on the beach or out in the sun browsing the shops and walking along a pier you need to protect your body and my go-to will always be the Nivea SPF30 Sun Lotion* which now comes in a pocket size which I think is genius! You just can't beat their original formula and the smell always takes me back to childhood holidays where I spent 80% of my time in the pool and the other 20% stuffing my face with burgers and ice-cream. Ahh, memories...


What are your favourite summer beauty products? 

Maiya
x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig